Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sixers Don't Sell-Out Heat Game

While a Sixers game not selling out is hardly newsworthy, this particular game actually surprises me. This game has been hyped since the schedule came out and if the team had any hope of selling out any games this year, this would be the game. Home opener, hyped super-team opponent, no-brainer right? Apparently not. I was shocked that I was able to find tickets this morning from the team directly, but once I got to the game I was surprised to find the stadium filled like it was a random Sixers/Warriors game in March. Then when I read what Henry Abbott of ESPN.com did in the second quarter had me almost embarrassed to be a part of the fanbase.


"Halfway through the second quarter, I walked into the box office. There were no lines, and several windows open. I asked to buy a ticket, and the guy behind the glass was happy to help.

He showed me a seat map, and said I could choose from any one of five lower bowl sections. Prices started at $140 in the corner, and went up from there. Lower bowl seats near the 50-yard line were available for less than $300 each. There were also seats in the halo for $50.

I said I needed two together, and he said no sweat, we could do that in any of those sections."

The team announced a sellout of 20,000 plus in the 4th quarter, which I immediately thought was bogus and now after reading this article, I know it was.

Read the whole article HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment